08 September 2009

Me multitasking bad

Today I went to the TV station to record the second piece about Linux, this time focusing on some applications.

It wasn't so smooth like the first one, since the other guy abandoned us without notice at the last minute, so I had to cover all my myself all the demoing and talking. And ...uh, let's just say I sucked at multitasking :D Hopefully they are good (masters?) at editing an will save the show.

Next week, for what will probably be the last part, we will talk about games and I hope to bring some new help so maybe it will be smooth again :D

For the moment I need to send some screencasts to complete my speech and demo, and as the format must be MOV or AVI with H.264 encoding, so you use mencoder with something like this:

mencoder "pacman.ogv" -o "pacman.avi" -vf softskip,harddup -oac faac -faacopts mpeg=4:br=110:object=2 -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=1000:me=hex:nodct_decimate:nointerlaced:no8x8dct:nofast_pskip:trellis=1:partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4:mixed_refs:keyint=150:keyint_min=15:frameref=3:bframes=10:b_adapt=1:b_pyramid:weight_b:direct_pred=spatial:subq=5:chroma_me:cabac:deblock:level_idc=41:threads=auto:ssim:psnr

PS: of course I am not geek enough to generate those params by hand, h264enc was helpful with it

No comments:

Post a Comment